Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let It Snow...

White stuff! Something rarely seen in this part of the USA, especially right around this time of the year. If I had any doubts about the weather forecast, they were confirmed when I took this picture right outside my front door this morning.

Javon had a grand time in the stuff but didn't stay out long enough in it to get excited. My son Grover was planning to do a quick repair to his car but obviously, that got put off until tomorrow. It's been a couple of years since we had a good one like this so it deserved some camera shots. I'll probably put the album up on my Facebook profile just so I can share it with everybody.

I stayed in and got some much needed writing work and surfing done and Sheila had a grand old Western weekend. Although the grass and trees got covered, the roadways didn't slick up and lots of people were out driving in it. It's quite a novelty down here and lots of the kids down the street took the time to throw snowballs and some of them even made a failed attempt at making a snowman.

Tomorrow, things will return to normal as I saw the weather warm up at the end of the day and the snow leave as quickly as it arrived. Pity. I kinda liked the idea of snow out in the yard as a great memory and had hoped to get at least a day out of it to enjoy. I guess I'll have to settle for "snow stories" on the job instead.

No comments: