Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome Home Soldier Citizen

Hi Folks, The great news here is my son Grover has arrived home from Iraq! The ceremony lasted nearly 3 days this past week and the leadership of the 926th Engineers brigade was more than gracious to all of the families. I had to travel to Hattiesburg, MS USA to see the homecoming which was held at the theatre on Camp Shelby military base. The travel itself was quite an adventure as I got turned around a couple of times trying to find the main post entrance. Grover received 3 medals and a flag that was flown over the unit's base during the time they were in Iraq. He brought me home a T-Shirt and watch and got his mother some custom made jewelry he found while he was over there. My little son Javon was overjoyed to see his big brother and followed him everywhere while we were on the base. I think he didn't want to lose sight of him again and probably missed him more than any of us did while he was gone. We ate at a local Chinese restaurant, one that Grover said the "trekkies" (what the guys in his unit nicknamed themselves) frequented. It was great food but I think he actually went there to look at the servers. Soon we were on the way home and he slept through the next morning like a baby. It just seems he graduated high school just yesterday. I've been traveling quite a bit this month with my trip to Washington DC and the trip to Hattiesburg and I want to tell you about a service I used that has been a god send. Its called Discount Home Shopping Club and I was able to both save money and get money back on some of the purchases I made for my travel! I liked it so well myself, I opted for the business/franchise option which is very reasonable or you can join for free and enjoy the rebates, they are both good deals. Til the next adventure... Elridge Jones

1 comment:

rollyocampo said...

I'm glad to know you have your son Grover back home from a dangerous place like Iraq.

Just dropped by to check out what's new.